Book a Tour Bus Stop!
At Len Libby Candies, we welcome tour buses with open arms! Large or small, we happily accommodate bus groups. Summer and Fall tend to be the busiest seasons, but we welcome buses year-round (except when we are closed during the first three weeks of each New Year).
Following are just a few of our tour-bus amenities:
- With a horseshoe shaped driveway (no turn-around needed), we have quick and easy entry/exit to and from our store from I-95 and/or U.S. Route 1; from I-95,we are just two miles south of Exit 42.
- Ample parking for buses — right in front of our ADA-compliant entry ramp
- A personal greeting and short introduction to Len Libby Candies (usually on the bus, but sometimes just outside the door) provided by one of our owners
- Large, clean public bathrooms
- ADA-compliant access to our store and public bathroom for individuals using wheelchairs or walkers
- Friendly and accommodating staff
- FREE samples of our best-selling candies (Bangor Taffy and Lemon Zest Bark), plus many other traditional and handmade candies available for purchase
- Lots of beautiful Maine gifts and souvenirs (including ones exclusive to Len Libby Candies), such as drinkware, t-shirts, hats, tote bags, ornaments, trinket dishes, Maine-made food stuffs (jellies, jams, syrups, maple products, honey, BBQ sauces, and more)
- An impressive selection of books (especially for children) and puzzles
- Bottles of water (during the summer) for your thirsty passengers
- Special offers that we reserve specifically for tour-bus groups, including a coupon for 10% off on a future online, mail-order purchase
- And last but certainly not least — LENNY, the world’s only life-sized chocolate moose, a unique sight to see, and he’s amenable to photos, photos and more photos! (He’s the most photographed moose in the world, in fact.)
Overall, we offer a great shopping experience at a candy store that was
recently voted as the "Best of the 207" in a contest sponsored by Portland Radio
Group. The contest was conducted over four months and garnered votes from almost 70,000 radio listeners across Southern Maine!
We’ve had guests tell us that their bus’s stop at our store was the “best stop on their trip!” We’ve worked hard to earn our reputation as a “destination” — not just a quick stop on the way to somewhere else — so when a guest says something like that, we can’t help but feel proud. We look forward to sharing that pride with your group!
Please note: Snack Bags (containing one (1) Maine Moose Pop) are available upon request at a cost of $3.50 each. If you would like snack bags for your guests, please provide an email address for invoicing and we will send an invoice upon booking. The cost of the snack bags must be paid in advance of your visit.
Also, we are closed on Sundays and cannot accept tours — not even for a special request — on these days.
This helps paint a picture of what we offer, but we would also LOVE for you to come by and check out our facility yourself, so you can see it firsthand before booking a visit. Just send us an email at email@example.com, or give us a call at (207) 883-4897 to request a preview, and we’ll happily schedule a meeting.
NOTE: It helps a great deal to book your group’s visit in advance, so we can be sure to have enough staff on hand to take care of your guests. If you'd like to schedule a tour, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page. If you have any questions feel free to give us a call at 207-883-4897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Moose-ie beaucoup and we look forward to seeing you!
** PLEASE NOTE - Because we are closed on Sundays, any tours booked after 5:00pm on Saturday for the following Monday will be expected at the time you booked. You do not need to wait to hear from us to bring your tour in. However we welcome you to give us a call the morning of if you would like to confirm your stop with us.